1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SKS key FOBs & safety recall E0E (from 2014) plus two ECUs (motor generator MG and power management)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by StephenFromCT, Jul 22, 2019.

1. StephenFromCT

StephenFromCT Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I have a question about a 2011 Prius Model Three which had the E0E safety recall update installed in 2014.

The E0E recall involved two new software updates being installed on the following ECU components: 1) the motor generator MG and 2) power management.

Does anyone remember if they were asked by the Toyota dealer to bring in all working FOBs when the update was installed, or if issues with FOBs, which you did not take to the dealer, began after the update?

I need to dig deeper, but I still need to confirm if the power management ECU software updates are involved in any way with FOB recognition. It is not likely that a motor generator ECU has anything to do with FOBs.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Nothing to do with key fobs.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    nope, no digging required

4. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    When they ask for all working fob just for an inverter update, you quickly get back in your car and drive far far away.