1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SKS not functioning right

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by getitinwriting, Oct 24, 2009.

1. getitinwriting

getitinwriting New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Brand new 2010 III...so far I'm loving it. (Big improvement over my smelly 09.) But I'm having a weird issue with my keyless entry:

If I touch the sensor to lock the driver's door, I get a long tone that doesn't stop until I press the button on the key fob. (It's the sound you'd expect if you tried to press the lock button on the fob with a door still open...but the doors are all closed.)

If I try to open a door (any door) with the fob in my pocket, it doesn't work.

IOW, the only way to open or lock my doors is with the fob.

I tried the trick on pg 48 of the US manual, but no change.

I can take it back to the dealer next week, but just wondering if anyone has any ideas and/or experience with this.

2. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Is the other key stored inside the car? If so you need to wrap it in foil to block block the radio signal.

3. pinzvidz

pinzvidz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep, other key fob will be definitely inside the cabin, unless the OP has the key fob and is trying to lock the car with the ignition still in an "on" state?

4. getitinwriting

getitinwriting New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Doh! Yes, I've had the car for only two days, and the second key fob was still in the plastic envelope with the manual. How st00pid of me. Thanks, gents.