1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. s.e.tx_parrothead

s.e.tx_parrothead New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    :blink: I think my SKS is on the blink!!! I have had Maggie since July and today was the first day that I have had any problems with her. This morning, here in lovely East Texas, it was about 28-30 degrees and there was about 1/8th of an inch or so of ice on the car. SKS worked fine this morning, walked to the car, opened the door, started the car and drove off (about 745am). Parked the car at work and didn't return to the car until about 445pm. Went to grab the door and THUNK!! the door would not open. The tried the buttons on the key fob and nothing. The blinky red light on fob was there but I had to use the mechanical key to get in the car and slide the fob into the slot to start the car. Drove into town for supper and when I came back out the fob buttons would work, but still could not start the car with out putting the fob in the slot. Went to a friend's house and locked the car. Came out a few moments later and the car lit up like its suppose to do, but still had to use the mechanical key and insert the fob. Went home and grabbed the other fob, leaving the one on my key ring in the house and tried to use that fob. No luck. I did notice that when I tried to start the car without inserting the key, the yellow/orangish icon with the key and exclamation point showed up.

Any help would be appreciated. I am also calling the dealership tomorrow.

Thanks --
    Kris

2. Dripps

Dripps New Member

Did you have the key next to your cell phone? Whenever I've had trouble it's been because my cell phone is too close (same pocket--same section of my purse).

3. s.e.tx_parrothead

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Nope...where i was working today, I cannot take in my cell phone...All I had in my pocket was my car keys and my badge & ID card. At my "normal" everyday office, I usually leave the cell phone and keys in my purse and have had no problem. I tried the spare key when I got home and still not working. UGG!!!!!!

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    umm, did you accidentally hit the "KEY" button under the dash? That toggles SKS on/off.

5. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jan 18 2007, 01:23 PM) [snapback]377320[/snapback]</div>
    The OP reported that the fob buttons were also inoperative. That is not affected by the SKS button and shouldn't be a problem with cell phones, etc. Sounds like the receiver in the car has gone south, since the second fob is also showing the problem(s).

- Tom

6. s.e.tx_parrothead

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ok...I have really decided that my car is female!!!! On the way home from work tonight, half way through my 45 mile drive, the seat belt indicator comes on and starts beeping at me and continued to do so for about 10 minutes. It then went away as suddenly as it started. I get home and low and behold, the SKS is working again. I am wondering if water or ice got where it shouldn't have and did a happy dance with some electronic thingy. Oh well, Maggie is going to the shop tomorrow away.

Oh well...I will post what I find out. :wacko:

7. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Please let us know what you find out

8. s.e.tx_parrothead

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Went to the dealer today and SKS was working fine. Took both fobs in and the dealer checked both to make sure that they were transmitting properly and they were. They took the car into the bay and ran the scans. They could not find any problem what so ever. The service manager did state that they had some "upgrades" that they installed. I really should have asked what they were but being that it was 830 in the morning and I hadn't had enough caffiene in me I totally forgot to ask. He did indicate that the cold weather may have a roll in the problem. Thanks for all your help!!!!!!!!!!!