1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Skype Class Action?? Legit?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bwilson4web, Jan 13, 2010.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus

Eventually I realized the promise of Skype was more hype. But the couple of dollars in the 'account' were not something I was worried about. Then I got this unsolicited e-mail about a class action.

SPAM has gotten so bad, I automatically discount stuff like this. I was curious if anyone else had any experience with it.

Personally, I'm leaning towards ignoring it ... heck I don't even remember what the abandoned 'credit' was ...

Bob Wilson

2. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    what email did you get?

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got the e-mail and deleted it...figured, at best, it would be worth a few bucks and at worst nothing but trouble.

4. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I used Skype more when my daughter was in Italy but have still used it here as well. I have not received and emails about a class action suit. Thanks for the heads up though.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My family and I use Skype from time to time.
    It's been my understanding that class action lawsuits do more to benefit the lawyers than the people.

6. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The notice I received was about a proposed settlement of a class action lawsuit against Skype and company. The Cliff-Notes version of what I received was that a settlement is being proposed where you get $4.00 in credit put into your account plus the balance clearing (where previously, the account was zeroed out if no activity in something like 6 months) activity ceases. If no activity in some period (probably 6 months), then the account goes inactive, but it can be re-activated with the balance amount being retained.

7. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Bah. I'm still waiting on that class action lawsuit settlement against Visa for international fees.