1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Slackers and dirty rotten lazy scoundrels.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    A similar question was asked on another topic about people that oppose a certain scientific endeavor. If that scientific discovery should produce some type of cure or benefit should those people that opposed it reap the benefits? Hmmmmm, good question lets try it from a different angle shall we? Should people enjoy the benefits of these discoveries when they don't lift a finger to help facilitate cures for these diseases? Let me spell it out. . .

1) Most people have computers well at least everyone on PC does.
    2) Most of the time these computers are on they sit idle doing nothing.
    3) With very little effort, and practically no follow up required they could be helping scientist discover cures for terrible diseases by running a simple program.
    4) Yet nothing is done by these slackers, and IMHO is similar to a person sitting on a dock watching as a child drowns, or a building with people inside burns without calling 911 on their cell phone.

My question would be . . . Should someone such as this benefit from discoveries when that person could have easily contributed something but did not?

The moral of this story . . .

Don’t be a slacker! Get on the team! What team you ask!?! The Priuschat Folding@Home Team! I promise you will get a very gratifying, warm & fuzzy.

Wildkow

p.s. OK you probably already guessed this is another recruiting drive for you all to join the team. So just do it and I’ll quit nagging. :rolleyes:

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL, good post Kow. :)

3. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Since I started folding the team has gone from breaking 800th place to being #438 when I just checked. Think of how much more can be done with more people? My computer runs the console 24/7 in the background and doesn't interfere with anything else I do. It really is a simple contribution to advancing science even if it is a small part compared to others.

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Neicy @ Aug 28 2007, 07:42 PM) [snapback]503564[/snapback]</div>
    Not only that but I recode lots of A/V and I run the no-nonsense client in the background all the time. I have had no hiccups. Games also run just fine such as FEAR and UnReal Tournament with the Folding Client working in the background.

Widlkow

5. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    LOL kow... nice try at an argument, but i'll never join your team!

PS. I'm on another team in a similar effort (but different program), for those that don't know

6. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Please do not dis-respect my religion :)

[​IMG]

7. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    *Bump* Well we did get some to sign up so I'm bumping this for another try. :D

Wildkow