1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Slight click

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by bearnole, Oct 21, 2020.

1. bearnole

bearnole New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Hello all, I've had my 2020 Prime for about 10 days now. It's been enjoyable so far, however, today I noticed a slight click when I step on the gas pedal. I did not notice it before, so I believe it's new. It's very slight, but loud enough to annoy me. Has anyone had a similar issue?Thanks.

2. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    If the Prime is your first hybid car, I'll warn in advance that most any hybrid or ev car tend to make unusual sounds at unusual times, when compared to other non-hybrid cars.

When you drive the Prime have you, switched into different drive modes besides the default EV mode, and does the clicking only happen in one driving mode such and the default EV or does it also happen in one or another modes.

When you hear the click noise is it only when in EV mode or does it happen also when the gas engine is running.

Does the clicking happen at one speed only, within a certain range of speeds or at any speed you've driven the car so far

Is the clicking only audible while pressing the Go pedal / Gas pedal or can it be heard at other times also.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    no worries, they all do it after awhile

4. bearnole

bearnole New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I owned a 2012 Prius before this one and never heard anything like this. The click happens in every driving mode when I step on the pedal, ever so slightly, but enough to notice it. I don't remember hearing it before today. It's just a single click coming from inside dash on driver's side. I noticed it after picking it up from tint shop.

5. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    A clicking in the dash on drivers side when pressing the Go Pedal is one I've not heard of yet.

I do know the feeling of not being happy after a car comes back from a shop and it show different behavior than when it was brought in.

6. bearnole

bearnole New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Thanks for the response. I'll have to take it in to the dealer so they can check it out. It's not a big deal, but it does annoy me when I hear it. I don't remember hearing any clicks when I drove it off the lot two weeks ago.