1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Slip Indicator light and Air Bag light just got fixed today months after it popped on!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by hptsang, Mar 10, 2010.

1. hptsang

hptsang Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    At the mid November, I just did the stalk switch installed and the slip indicator came on. I read a few post in the forum and tried a few different ways and couldn't get it fix. First I thought it was the fuse like most people got, but it wasn't. Then a month later, my air bag light also popped on and I was afraid to go to the dealership because they might charge me to get it fix. Two days ago, the button on the right hand side of the wheel doesn't work and I found out when I tried to reset the trip record after filling up my tank. Yesterday I brought the car in to the dealership to get the software update while getting those lights and the button fix. They updated the software right away but they had to order a part to fix the lights problem. When I asked about the buttons, the service guy said it was cause by the same part. I just picked up the car today and those problem were cause by a SPRIAL Cable. They replaced the part for me and my problem is now fix. If anyone got the same experience as mine, don't panic!!! You might just got the same problem as mine.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Great news and good information, thanks.

3. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's *spiral* cable, and yes, it carries power up to the airbag
    squib in the middle of the steering wheel too.
    _H*