1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Slip indicator light stuck on

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by kabu, Mar 25, 2015.

1. kabu

kabu New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello! My car, a 2014 Prius TWO, was towed and recovered, but now the slip indicator light is always on (also the steering wheel is way out of alignment). Driving home, the car felt perfectly fine, except for the steering wheel being at a weird angle. What's going on? Can I get this fixed at a mechanic when they fix the wheel alignment, or do I have to take this in to a dealership?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    did they tow it according to the manual? i.e. on a flat bed? how did they get it on the flat bed? why did it need to be towed? this could be under full warranty.

#2 bisco, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  3. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Who knows?
    But "Towed and Recovered" means something bad happened right?

And "The Car Felt Perfectly Fine Except for The Steering Wheel being at a weird angle".....well thats a BIG except......

Sounds like you simply need the vehicle checked out in totality. I suppose you can go in any order you wish, but sooner or later you will need someone to tell you "Why" the slip indicator light is on.

And it seems like whatever happened to your vehicle created a significant amount of damage.

4. trentofdestiny

trentofdestiny Master Finagler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    There is a problem relating to the VSC (vehicle stability control) and one component of that system is a steering wheel rotation/angle sensor. To get an alignment you need a scan tool to set the zero position (straight ahead). The fact that the car goes straight when the steering wheel isn't straight, means a suspension or steering component is bent. You need a repair, alignment, and reset the computers with a scanner.

5. Joebiscuit

Joebiscuit Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello... My car slip indicator is stuck on too.. When I'm driving I didn't feel anything.. But still the light is on stuck.. Do you have more ideas how to off the light.. Thanks...

6. trentofdestiny

trentofdestiny Master Finagler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You would need to first find out what codes, if any, are stored in the skid control ECU

iPhone ?

7. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    It is most likely that one of your wheel rotation rate sensors is damaged. Another cause could be significantly mis-matched tires. As stated above, the stored codes will be useful in diagnosing the problem.

JeffD