1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

slit in carpet under drivers seat

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by babesp, Jun 18, 2004.

1. babesp

babesp New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    I've had my Prius one week. Today someone rode in the back seat behind the driver. Later on I noticed a slit in the carpet, under the drivers seat but within reach of the feet of a passenger. (before you ask....passenger was wearing rubber soled sneakers - not spike heels!!) Slit is probably 3" V shaped. Looks like they tried to install something after the carpet was in.
    Anyone else see one of these ( I see you all running out to check :)) If so, what did you do about it? and what does everyone recommend? Don't want cookie crumbs and loose change getting lost forever down the hole!!
    thx

2. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You don't say what option package you have.

Under the Drivers Seat is where the NAV system sits. The Slit lets it be serviced. However, if you don't have that option, they still use the same carpets with a slit in it. I guess having one carpet template saves a few bucks :)

You could probably get some double sided carpet tape and stick it down if it's an annoyance.

3. babesp

babesp New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    nope, no nav system. How chintzy to slit the carpet! thanks for the response!

4. ifftster

ifftster New Member

chintzy?...chintzy!