1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Slow mp3 CD playback

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ethanhunt, Jan 6, 2008.

1. ethanhunt

ethanhunt Feline Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm not sure if this is with all mp3 CDs or just in the Prius, but has anyone noticed that when playing an mp3 CD, it takes a really long time to start.

If I have a MP3 CD in the player and press power (to the CD player), it take a full 2 minutes before it actually starts playing. Has anyone else noticed this? I burnt it using iTunes (MP3 CD mode). Did I just burn it the wrong way?

2. jsuh84

jsuh84 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just got my Prius a week ago and I've been having a similar problem. I wouldn't say mine takes a full 2 minutes to actually play, but it probably takes that long to load up the folders and tracks to show on the screen.

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    MP3 disks take a bit longer since there are many more files, but I've never had one take two minutes. Is it just one disk, or several? A marginal disk can cause the player to do a lot of rereads, which takes time.

Tom

4. ethanhunt

ethanhunt Feline Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    yea its one disk, but all the files are separating into several folders (like 100s) so I'm thinking that why. I need to burn it differently and see if this will speed it up.