1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Small trip, Big victory!

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Calvin Perry, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Calvin Perry

Calvin Perry Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I had my first all electric trip yesterday. 6.4 miles round trip to the recycling center. Not a long drive at all, but I was amazed at how elated I was that I had driven a car and parked back at home without using any gas at all for the first time in my life.
    It really makes me look forward for a longer range or an all electric Prius. This gives me even more resolve to keep my crappy seat covers on to protect the interior and to continue to clean the windows daily and wipe down the paint every night with a product like Griots Speed Shine.
    When I trade this car in for a higher range plug-in or an electric, it may have a lot of miles on it but at least it will look nice!

Calvin

radiocycle likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's a beautiful thing, congrats!

3. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    We just got the first Plug-in Prius sold in the Midwest. I sincerely appreciate the elation you shared here. I too get into the car on a short trip in town knowing I won't be using any gasoline at all. It's all glee. Enjoy your new car. I know I am.

Cheers

4. Calvin Perry

Calvin Perry Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Mine was the 1st one sold by my dealer, Battlefield Auto in Culpeper, Va. It took 5 weeks for them to find me one in Sea Glass Pearl.
    When I got back from my little trip I had plenty of electric left to make a 2nd run but the British Grand Prix was about to start so I was out of time.
    It was also 95 degrees out so I had the A/C on the whole way!

Calvin

5. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Amazing what this car has to offer. Believe me, you will be learning things about your Plug-in every day for months. There are so many neat details. Today, for example my wife clicked the voice command and said "call home" and bam, next thing she was talking with me. Have fun.

6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    that might explain why I get so many wrong numbers calling me
    :D

SGH-I717R ? 2