1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Smart Entry on all doors?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Rokas, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Rokas

Rokas New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello guys,

I was wondering if anyone has done it and if that's even possible?

I would like to have smart entry on all of the 4 doors instead of just 2 at the front.

I do part time job as a food delivery guy and having it skip me grabbing the front door handle and only grabbing the rear door to leave my bag would save my lots of time.

Anyone has any ideas how that could be done? I wonder if the front door wiring and the handles would fit in there and I would need to extend the cables to the front door frame to hoop it up or there's even easier way to do it?

SFO likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    not that i have read, but i guess it might not be impossible

3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    maybe?:
    run a couple additional wires from the front door locks to the rear door locks so whenever the front locks get power to unlock, that power also goes to the rear locks. You may not even have to go that far, if you can determine the location of the wires that go to the rear door locks and just clip them and splice the front door lock wires to them. You never know, those wires may be right next to each other.