1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

smart key battery etc.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by george6233, Mar 21, 2006.

1. george6233

george6233 New Member

How long does smart key battery last? When to replace? Does battery only operate when near or in car? I removed the battery from second smart key thinking it would last longer and read about that in another Prius newsgroup.

Dealer did not know how to reprogram door unlocking so that all doors unlock when approaching driver door with smart key in pocket. P. 31 in manuel shows how. Point remote at car driver door holding both lock and alarm buttons together for 5 sec.

My Prius 05 can play 7 CDs but no cassettes so improvized a solution. Go to
    http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Prius-2G/message/50405

George

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I only see one question here. The answer is that the battery should last about 1 year, but many have reported it lasting much longer. My current battery is about 15 months old and going strong. And yes, it is only used when within range of the active oscillators of the car.

3. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <_< My fob battery is closing in on TWO YEARS old and still works well. That doesn't count the #2 fob which has never been used - it just resides in a desk drawer.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    7 CDs? you got a single and added a CD Changer?

Should last you quite a while. I'm still on the original battery for our 02 Camry's fob (bought Oct 01). My friend's 98 Sienna fob's battery got low just last summer.