1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Smart Key - shrinking / using elsewhere?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by benbethel, Apr 7, 2007.

1. benbethel

benbethel Junior Member

I love the smart key but would love to know if there's a way to shrink it or if someone else makes smaller versions for sale.

I would also like to know if anyone sells door locks that will work with it? I currently have a fingerprint front-door lock at my house in the hopes that I don't have to carry any keys with me. However, I live in a high-rise and I need to pull my keys out to use a keyfob to enter the door of the building, then again to enter the elevator. I wish someone would sell a proximity sensor and I could just keep my keys in my pocket all the time... or better yet, have one key.

I know that VingCard sells hotel locks that use proximity sensors where when a guest checks in you just send them a text message to their phone/s, and for the entire length of their stay they just use their phone/s to get into their hotel room.

Perhaps that's next - getting into your prius with your phone on you??? I'd be happy with that!

-Ben

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Do a Google search. It's out there.
    In Japan? If you got appx $400 to blow ~ you can have it built into your watch. Sweet! But not for me.

3. Highly ImPriused

Highly ImPriused Impressive Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Before you know it, people are going to have their "smart" chips embedded under their skin.

4. adam1991

adam1991 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Highly ImPriused @ Apr 7 2007, 03:17 PM) [snapback]419476[/snapback]</div>
    "OK, Mr. Customer, now come over to this office and have your SHS (Smart Human System) keyed to your new car...Is there anyone else you'd like to drive it? Wife? Kids? Parents? It's but a small charge of $595 each to have their SHS also keyed to your car..."