1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SMART KEY STOPED WORKING.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by rfunderburg, Nov 25, 2007.

1. rfunderburg

rfunderburg New Member

Hi everyone I just bought my 05' in August and it rocks. I have gotten a lot of tips from this website and have ran into a problem and need your help.

So one I walk out and my smart key won't remote open the doors when I walk up to my 05' anymore. Also I have to place the Smart key in the ignition in order to get the car to start. At first i thought maybe it's the battery and replaced the battery and it did nothing. I'm stuck right now and this is horrible after just getting to used to walking up to my car and to lose it. Any help will be useful. I think my kid was playing with my key and might have done something to it. Can you really reprogram your key not to do that?

Thanks

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There's a button under your steering wheel that probably got bumped...push it and it should turn it back on.
    It's possible the battery in your fob is dead if the on-off button for the SKS is not the issue.

3. rfunderburg

rfunderburg New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Nov 25 2007, 10:44 PM) [snapback]544095[/snapback]</div>

Yep I'm a big dummy sure enough there is a big button under there that says key. I pressed that and everything is back to normal. Thanks efusco!