1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Smart Key System Not Beeping

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by trenapt, Jul 20, 2007.

1. trenapt

trenapt New Member

folks! Haven't been on in quite a while, but have problem and need your help. I had a minor collision involving the L front fender and bumper and grille a few weeks ago. All is fixed, except the beeping that used to occur when I would use the smart key system to lock or unlock the car, etc. It was working fine when I got into the car, but no longer worked after the collision. One dealership had said there is some type of part located in the fender that might be the problem, but the body shop could not find it. Then, the local dealer also could not find anything wrong; in fact, they told me it isn't supposed to beep! They tried their manual, my manual, another '05 Prius, and the Toyota Tech Line. Now, I am not crazy or on drugs and neither is my spouse; we both remember the beep system. Besides, there was a group of wires that went into a plastic piece (connector, adaptor, or something) that was on the ground after the crash, (of course, I threw it away--silly me) and I KNOW I saw more wires with another or the other half of the plastic piece still hanging from the car in the fender area. The body shop doesn't remember seeing this???!!

Can someone please help me with some information that I can take to the dealer tomorrow. I am going to another dealer further away from home, as they said they would be open all day tomorrow and will give me a loaner car and assured me that they have very good Prius techs to figure this thing out. But I want to be armed with info in case they have the same trouble. And proof that I'm not crazy!!! ;)

Thanks!

2. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Basically you're talking about the same "beeps" that occur then you lock and unlock the car with the remote keyfob. Do the "beeps" work with the remote? If not show the dealer that. They can't deny it should beep with the remote. (it beeps with the smartkey functions too, you're not crazy). It is probably related to the wreck and something not being hooked back up, or it could be fixed with dealer scan-tool. That "beep" can be programmed to be 'on' or 'off'. Maybe they just need to turn it back on with their tool.