1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SMKS programming

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by vertex, Aug 6, 2009.

1. vertex

vertex Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I ran across this yesterday, a Toyota Smart Keymaker OBD for $100. Manufacturer claims it can program any car to work with smartkeys, including the Prius. It is sold by auto-tool-shop.com Does anyone have experience with this product and or this company? I am thinking of purchasing it.

2. reverai

reverai New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't if it work but after the text is very much like how they do it with a laptop at the dealership. It's a clearly a hack though and I'm not sure it legal as the code needed to do this copyrighted. One the other hand, the code doesn't belong to Toyota.

It should work when you have a smart key but when you don't have a old key to use, that is riskier. The way Toyota does it is to clear all keys and then add the new keys. Even at Toyota this only works about 80% of the time. When it doesn't work, the ECU needs to be replaced for a hefty sum.

If you do purchase it..be sure and tell us how it worked.

Steve

1 person likes this.