1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

smog, commutes, air filters

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by patricia4150, Jun 14, 2007.

1. patricia4150

patricia4150 New Member

hey -

I commute through LA and am starting to develop symptoms that look like ozone over-exposure. I have no idea how to set the controls on my prius to minimise air (smog) coming in from the outside. I've looked at the "climate" options on the main control screen, but I don't see any options to recirculate air, etc. Can anyone help with this? Also, does the air filter pull out ozone, or just particulates? I assume the prius has an air filter. :)

Are there air purifiers that I can buy to help improve cabin air?

Thanks in advance ---

Patty

2. iaowings

iaowings New Member

Ok the recirculation button is on the steering wheel and on the ac control menu. Looks like every other cars recirc button. The filter pulls out particles, as far as ozone I am not sure. They do make an ionic breeze for cars; you can buy that.

3. iaowings

iaowings New Member

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patricia4150 @ Jun 14 2007, 11:38 AM) [snapback]461764[/snapback]</div>
    Perhaps this might help?

http://toyota.jp/prius/dop/function/index.html

The first picture on the left column. It's the Plasmacluster ionizer (similar to the one on the Camry Hybrid)