1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Smoother Ride Question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by fobber, Nov 6, 2013.

1. fobber

fobber Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi All,

I'm not a techical car person, but I would like to ask if there is an aftermarket product or from the dealership itself to offer something to make the drive smoother - meaning something where I don't feel the bumps on the road as much. I think it may have to deal with the suspension to absorb the shocks better.

Any thoughts? If there is a product, what is it called, how much would it cost, what is the typical labor cost and who can install it?

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Low rolling resistance tires typically ride harsher than other tires.

You can let some air out of your tires to soften the ride, but you will sacrifice some fuel economy.

You can also change your tires to more comfort oriented ones. I have some Goodyear Comfort Tred Touring tires on my Camry SE and the ride is much smoother and quieter than the OEM Bridgestone tires that came on the car. Again, you will sacrifice fuel economy going with a non LRR tire.

SCH-I535

3. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Right tires is about the only thing you can do. But, that's over $400 for a new set.