1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

sms

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by easternshore, Jan 16, 2012.

1. easternshore

easternshore Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Although I have established a successful blue tooth connection to my iphone, the option to allow text messages to pop up in the vehicle system is dimmed. Am I missing something? as a firefighter it would be a great improvement to have sms fire/medical alerts pop up so I dont have to dig out the phone, otherwise I dont care. Do I have to have the dealer set something?

2. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Your phone has to support the Bluetooth Message Access Profile (MAP) for SMS/E-Mail to work. Apple doesn't support these on any of their products (mainly on Blackberry, limited Android) so it won't work for you.

3. t_rob

t_rob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    any idea why my Droid2Global would not work, it has MAP and connects fine, but when i press messages it says "could not load messages" i have had text messages sent to me and it would not read them.

4. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Probably a conflict between the implementation on the phone and the car. It's very new to a lot of phones, so there's going to be growing pains getting it to play nice with everything. That's the nature of Bluetooth. It's why you can see one phone work great and another not in the same car, etc.

5. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five