1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Snow Job at the White House

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by larkinmj, Apr 26, 2006.

1. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

Fox "News" commentator Tony Snow has been appointed by Bush as the new White House Press Secretary. On one hand, this might make the spin machine more energy efficient. Before, the Press Secretary would come out and lie, and then Fox "News" would repeat the lies in their echo chamber. Seems like they took out one of the intermediate steps in the process.
    On the other hand, perhaps Mr. Snow might be more candid than his predecessors in dealing with the press? Here are a few of Snow's recent remarks:

– "George Bush has become something of an embarrassment." [11/11/05]

– "No president has looked this impotent this long when it comes to defending presidential powers and prerogatives." [9/30/05]

2. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I don't think any kind of talk or spin can clean up this mess. It will be interesting to watch. Believe nothing that you hear and half of what you see!!! :lol:

3. ml86

ml86 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Apr 26 2006, 11:45 AM) [snapback]245551[/snapback]</div>
    If only we could get Bush and Snow to talk at the turbine in your picture, maybe we could double our production of wind generated energy overnight. And since it is hot air, perhaps thermal energy too... of course, it wouldn't necessarily reduce air pollution...

4. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Max Smart @ Apr 26 2006, 07:55 PM) [snapback]245908[/snapback]</div>
    I think there would have to be some major bullsh*t scrubbers installed, but maybe that could be a source of methane?

5. dsunman

dsunman New Member

too late for the 'Bushism' to be corrected with any spinmeister, only thing that might bring his popularity back is some kind of horrible terror attack in the country, or perhaps OBL being caught among other thugs.

So much for the 'Thud & Blunder', people are waking up from the slumber even among the staunchest supporters from the GOP.

Great read by former Bushista Francis Fukuyama:His Book

6. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Apr 26 2006, 09:45 AM) [snapback]245551[/snapback]</div>
    I find it interesting that you call Tony Snow and Fox News an "echo chamber" for President Bush, and then provide two examples that prove you wrong.

It is rare that someone destroys their own argument in just 8 sentences.

7. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I hope once and for all we can put to rest the idea of Fox being 'Fair and Balanced'. Hasn't the Fox propaganda machine gone on long enough? What more proof do we need that Fox and Murdoch are in the Administrations back pocket????

Another example of cronyism at work. Nothing ever leaves the inner circle of Bush World. I watched that press conference today. Bush didn't seem all that thrilled. Then again, lately he's looking kind of haggard. I guess when you are "The Decider", it really puts a strain on you. President by day, Decider by night. That's alot on anyones plate :rolleyes: