1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

snow tire for spokane(50in snow) and where to get wheels?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by swaco, Sep 22, 2008.

1. swaco

swaco Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    BFGoodrich - Traction T/A or Winter Slalom® 63.00 out the door at costco..any experience with either? and

2. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    I got Nokian WR tires. With these you don't need extra wheels. You leave the tires on all year long. They work great. -Throw away- the OEM Goodyear Integrities before they kill you in the winter! ;)

3. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    In LA, we only see pictures of snow, but 50 inches! I don't know of any snow tire, no matter how good that can handle 50 inches of snow. But what do I know? :)

4. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That 50 inches of snow doesn't fall all at once...

5. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I Second the Nokian WR tires. I got the 195 R60 15 size. Last winter in the snow, they gripped well and I have run them all summer long with great results.

6. biff_debris

biff_debris WOOF!

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I got the Nokian WR G2's in the normal stock size a few months ago, so I haven't had a chance to try them in the snow yet. However, as a dry/wet road tire they're great and the LRR quality of them has raised my average milage from 47 (with TriplTreds) to 51. And I don't play any games to improve the milage... just set the CC and go.

It'll be at least a couple of months before we get any slippery roads down here, and I'm eager to see how they do.

7. eurosteve

eurosteve Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I plan on buying the Nokian WR g2 and I went to my local tire guy and told him I wanted the 195-60R-15. He told me that using a non-OEM size might void parts of the Toyota warranty - on things like the stability control. He encouraged me to stick with the stock size.

Anybody think that running non-OEM tires might cause problems with the warranty?

8. misslexi

misslexi Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Haven't spent much time in Spokane, WA have you?