1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Snow

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ekc, Oct 12, 2004.

1. ekc

ekc New Member

Have you folks had much experience on snow and ice with your Prius? Is there anything special to be aware of. I remember how good the old VW bugs were on winter roads. I should get my Prius soon and I don't know whether my Prius or Windstar would be better on bad roads. I haven't really driven the Windstar on bad roads either, just the car [Prism] the Prius is replacing. Thank you..

2. removeum

removeum Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    8) You will have no problem with your Prius in the snow or on the ice. Remember it comes with traction control. When I got out of the military and went back home to Alaska, I bought a 74 Super Beetle. Never did I have problems in the snow with it either.

Ben

3. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I think it is a very safe bet that the Prius will handle better in snow than the Windstar. But you and I will find out how good the Prius is at the same time :) People I know that got one last Nov said it was great on snow.

4. TCD

TCD Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You should do a forum search for traction control. I think you will be surprised at the some of our experiences with traction control on dirt and snow...

5. ekc

ekc New Member

I did the forum search using the 'search' down on the left hand side putting in 'traction' and 'traction control', and I get all kinds of things, but not traction control in the list. I'm blowing it somehow...

6. TCD

TCD Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi EKC,

Search the main forum for (Sorry, I couldn't get this to post as a link):

PriusChat.com Forum Index » Toyota Prius Forums » Prius Main Forum » Problem backing up a hill

You will find that a number of us have found that we do not have traction control but rather wheel slip shutdown...