1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Snowplow video

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by qbee42, Feb 3, 2009.

1. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The lousy weather in this area is one of my common themes. This you-tube video was filmed about 20 miles from my house, right on the main road into the city. It's pretty funny.

Tom

2. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I do believe your winter has been worse than mine. Maybe not in outright bitter cold temps, but the winds and snow - oy

3. qbee42

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You guys always have us in the cold department. The big lake moderates our temperature, except in the very rare case where it freezes out in the open water. Wind and snow we are good at.

Tom

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If I ever start talking about moving back to North Dakota, somebody please hit me on the side of the head with a rolled-up newspaper. Or send me that video.

5. thepolarcrew

thepolarcrew Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    How about we put you in one of those videos.:p

I know a guy who worked for the city of Fargo who was in a pickup, waiting for the plow to go by when it rear ended him. He said his neck hurt for a couple days before he went to the doctor. His neck was broke and the city let him go. Need I say he was close to retirement too. :eek:

6. qbee42

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well, in a similar vein, I once went between the plow and the front bumper of a big snow plow. My wife and I were driving our Jeep C-J5 down a narrow road, with snow banked up on the sides. A big plow truck came roaring down the other way, taking up a bit more than half of the road, with the grader blade sticking out menacingly. I tried to ease over to make room, but my right front tire sunk into a soft spot and the Jeep spun around just like that. It was timed perfectly so that we went backward between the plow blade and the front bumper of the truck, bouncing back and forth like a pinball. Fortunately we weren't hurt, although I did put a tiny dent on the bumper of the truck. The Jeep needed a bit more body work than the plow truck.

Tom

7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ah, without watching it, i am gonna guess its a newslady in Traverse City warning kids against the dangers of playing while the snowplows are out running?

first time i saw it was on AFV. (america's funniest home videos)

**edit**

yepper, reminds me of one time at my cousins house (just outside Cheboygan) he had just finished shoveling the driveway, he was about 16 or 17 i was around 5 i think. he had a hot date with this girl and he had to shovel the drive or he could not borrow the car. while he was inside changing his clothes... yea, well ya know

8. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Awwwwww no nookie that night

9. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You can keep it, thanks

10. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Um .... ok. What's your address again?

11. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Well. That sucks

12. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Just for fun, you could have turned to your wife and said "SEE?! This is all YOUR fault!"

13. thepolarcrew

thepolarcrew Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There's that loyalty thing. And the next year the guy (supervisor) became the mayor.

I saw this a lot when I went to school in 04 /06. Guys close to retirement (1-3 yrs) would get injured by some one and get turned over to work force safety, which means re-education and they (the company) cut you loose. Can you imagine guys in the work force for 30-40 yrs and no school since they where in high school going back and basically starting in 1st or 2nd yr college courses.

14. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Cute, very cute indeed

15. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No, I don't know. Can someone please fill me in on what happened?
    I know sometimes I say I don't know stuff when I do, but this time I am lost. A PM would be good if not for general publication.

Daniel, smacking you on the head with a rolled up (wet and frozen) newspaper sounds like a lot more fun to me. I'll cue behind Jayman.

16. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Having seen snow for the first time in your life only last month, Pat, and even then only a little, I suppose you can be excused for not getting the joke. I think the assumption was the poor kid had just finished shovelling the driveway when the snowplow came by and buried it again. No date for him - all dressed up and nowhere to go, so to speak.

17. qbee42

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It's like plow drivers have some sixth sense. They know the exact moment you finish clearing out the drive, and then "WHOOSH", a big pile of snow fills it up again.

One of our local plow drivers had a little too much to drink (probably trying to ward off the cold) and managed to mow down all of the mailboxes for about 15 miles. Fortunately this area isn't heavily populated, but it still cost him a bit in restitution.

Tom

18. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    They keep hoping you'll rush out, attempt to shovel it out again, and finally drop of a heart attack. At least, I'm pretty sure that's the plan around here

"Vrooom ... thump ..... thump ... thump ... thump ..."

"Hic ... what's that thumping noise? Glug glug glug"

Although I would have been pretty pissed - pardon the pun - off if that had been my mailbox, it would have been cool to watch

19. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If I was staring down the chance of scoring, I would have been running out with the shovel when I heard the plow coming down the road ready to re-shovel.

Smack, woosh, smack, woosh, smack, woosh, smack, no bills today.

20. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Here's the problem, Pat: The first snowfall may be soft or it may be heavy. But when the snowplow hits it at speed it compacts it, and that berm of snow it puts into your newly-shoveled driveway is nearly as hard as rock. And depending on local conditions, that berm may be a meter high. Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime would need half a day to shovel through it.