1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So Cal dealers Experiences

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Semicharmedguy26, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Semicharmedguy26

Semicharmedguy26 New Member

Hey everybody, so far, i placed my name at West Covina Toyota, but they're charging about 1k over msrp, does anybody have any recomendations for other dealers, or had good experiences with any in So cal. Thanks.

2. pshady

pshady New Member

Longo charges MSRP, but the waiting list is long. You might want to try Michael Toyota in Fresno (shorter list, MSRP).

I've heard good things about Long Beach Toyota, and Carson Toyota, although I would expect the waiting list to be very long at both of these places. Carson will charge you $3000+ above MSRP if you "want one now."

I got mine at Toyota Town of Stockton (call Asif). I took a short flight and drove it home to LA. I got my car in less than 1 month, at MSRP.

Good luck!

3. newk

newk New Member

Diane @ Carson Toyota is the Prius Guru

4. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

Actually, that would be john1701A

Dianne is more of an empress.

(Damn I'm a dork!)

5. AngelFish

AngelFish New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thousand Oaks Toyota charges at msrp, but their waiting list is also long. When we bought our cars they took checks for $500 per car, attached them to the folders, and returned them when we received the cars. Their quote on wait time was VERY accurate.

In that aspect we were happy with them as a dealership... Service is a different matter.

6. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hamer Toyota in Mission Hills (near where the I-5 meets the 118) is also selling at MSRP.

7. Dianne

Dianne New Member

The list, the list

I still have a rather long list thru me in fleet here at MSRP. The last few weeks I have been trying to get it purified and down to an exact # so that I can update everyone and be updated for the 2005 model year packages and colors since the package content and choices are changed since I took some of those orders! If you have an order in with me and have not gotten my "please update me" email, then PLEASE email me for the details.

Dianne

8. TonySoCal

TonySoCal New Member

I paid MSRP at Longo and was pretty happy with my experience. However, they're telling people it will be a year-long wait now. I was relatively lucky in that I only had to wait six months. I just picked mine up on Tuesday.

9. toolbox

toolbox New Member

Toyota upped production 5000 units and the price 900 bucks and it didnt put a dent in the demand. They are an awesome vehicle thats for sure.

10. pjo1966

pjo1966 New Member

If you're up for a drive, Crown Toyota in Ontario is saying 30- 60 days wait at MSRP.

11. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pjo1966\";p=\"43352)</div>
    Only two and a half weeks ago they were quoting a "Fair Market Value" markup of $3,000.

12. pjo1966

pjo1966 New Member

did you call or go via e-mail? I went via e-mail and it was returned by the fleet manager. The fleet / internet prices are generally different from the regular showroom prices.

13. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pjo1966\";p=\"43355)</div>
    The fleet manager offered the car to my broker, with whom he does a lot of business. I paid considerably less then the $3K markup that was on the sticker which I found in the glove box after I got home. He did tell me that I paid considerably less than any of their customers normally pay for the car.

14. of_tf_rf_bf

of_tf_rf_bf New Member

AVOID Crown Toyota in Ontario, CA at all costs!!!!
    They will say anything to get you in, but once you are, they will take advantage of you. Lying bunch of liers. Do NOT trust anything they say via phone, email, etc. Only contracts matter to this horrible dealership.

In April I called, gave my name and number, and was then told they were charging over MSRP. I said fine (that's their right), but I wasn't interested and hung up.
    A couple days later, I received a call from Crown asking for details about what type of Prius I wanted. I said I wasn't interested because they were charging above MSRP. I was told that I was misinformed and they were in fact selling at MSRP. I passed along my information, and made arrangements to drive out (40 miles) and give my deposit and get everything in writing (always get *everything* in writing). The next morning I made a confirmation call to Crown where I was again told that the car would be sold to me at MSRP. Silly me, I thought that meant they would sell me the car at MSRP.

I made the drive out, talked to the second woman who contacted me on the phone and she put me in touch with a salesman who didn't seem to know much about the car. I wanted to get in and out, so I talked to him a little about the car, then we filled out the standard deposit form. He wrote on it "at MSRP" and I wrote the check out for the deposit. After the check was written he said he was going to check everything with his manager and . . . then they tried to screw me.

The salesman came back saying the car would be MSRP +3000. I sent him right back saying, no, I was told twice (gave names and times of the calls) that it would be MSRP and that is the ONLY reason I was there. He went back to the manager. Now because of the "misunderstanding" (read, downright lie) they would knock it down to MSRP +2000. I asked for the woman who told me it would be MSRP and she came out and apologized for her "mistake." She explained it was her job to get people in to the dealership, not really to know the prices of the cars.

I then demanded to see the manager. Despite being able to raise the quoted price of the car, he could not meet with me because he was in a meeting. I could do nothing. No chance, no way I will pay over MSRP, and they wasted my time, my 80 miles of driving and a lot of my good will.

DO NOT deal with Crown in Ontario. They will lie, cheat and steal to get as much money from you as possible. There is no way to know if they will stick to the lies they tell you to get you to come in. Avoid, Avoid, Avoid.

**P.S. If desired, I can also give the names and contact times of everyone I talked to. I kept telling myself I was going to write a letter to the BB, Toyota, and here at Prius Chat. Time got the best of me, but now that I read this all the anger at their horrible business of lies returns to me.

**P.P.S. I realize some of you will probably not heed this advice and will try to work with Crown Toyota in Ontario anyway. I'm sorry for you (but honestly I understand). But do yourself a favor. Get *everything* in legally-binding writing. Tell them that you simply can not trust anything from them because of their practices in the past. If there is nothing I can say to convince you that this dealership really is not safe to deal with, at least go in with a very healthy dose of scepticism. Then when they lie and try to screw you over too, please post here saying I was right after all (it feels good when others confirm I really am right.) :)

15. gturtle

gturtle New Member

What are people paying in Hollywood.? I paid $3k over MSRP, but I was dazzled by the speed I could get one and not thinking straight. Plus I didn't have the benefit of the various online groups to tell me that MSRP deals are out there.

Besides, it's Hollywood, they are the current fad, and people there have a lot of money.

Silver #9 (almost typed Silver $9) purchased just before Memorial Day, not on a list at Hollywood. Just stopped by because I saw one in the lot.

16. melburstein

melburstein Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    While I did not buy from them, I had a good feeling about the Internet Department at North County Toyota in Anaheim.

17. GreenSteve

GreenSteve Web Hosting Provider

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We have been working with the Internet Sales Department at Toyota of the Desert in Cathedral City (next to Palm Springs) CA. We had expressed an interest in a white Prius several months ago.

On September 23rd we received an email which said something to the effect of "I've got a white Prius with package #9".

I called the dealer immediately, and he told me that if we missed the one he mentioned in his email, that he had ten more Prii enroute and due in 10 days to 2 weeks.

I called our credit union, got an OK for a loan @ 100%, and my DP and I drove down to the dealer (only a few miles for us) that afternoon.

The car he had on the lot was sold, but he said that he had the VIN information on the cars that were enroute - so he could legally write up a sales contract, and we could buy one sight unseen. So we did.
    Our lending institution was even gracious enough to fund the loan before the car arrived.

We just got the call today telling us that the car has arrived, and we may be able to pick it up this afternoon. Woo Hoo!

We are paying MSRP plus a small dealers handling fee.

While the car did not arrive literally within 10-14 days, I certainly realize we are doing very well compared to other buyers experiences. I also realize there have been some delays at the docks in Long Beach CA, which is likely why it took just a few days longer than expected.

So far I'm very pleased, but I have never driven a Prius yet...

I have read PDF files of all of the manuals, and studied the posts on this very useful site, so I feel well prepared.

More once we actually get the vehicle!

Steve

18. pjo1966

pjo1966 New Member

Congratulations! You're a brave man having bought a car without ever driving one. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I'm still wighing my options, but a drive to the desert to get the car sounds good to me...

how much was the "small dealers handling fee"?

19. GreenSteve

GreenSteve Web Hosting Provider

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The small fee turns out to be a "Document Preparation Fee", which is a bit of a joke - since they are required by law to submit paperwork on the cars they sell, but of course they do the running to the DMV bit. Anyway it was only $45.

The vehicle has the BC package (everything) and it is at MSRP based on other posts I have seen here.

I've been dealing with Dale Schirmer at (760) 328-0871.

I do not know if any other Prii arrived today, or if he has any that are not spoken for. I'll ask when we go to get the car, either later today or tomorrow.

Steve

20. pjo1966

pjo1966 New Member

I sent an e-mail via their website. Thanks for the heads-up!

Be sure to post your follow-up experience after you pick it up. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's anxious to hear how it goes.