1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So close, and yet so far

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by xsavior, Apr 24, 2012.

1. xsavior

xsavior Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    My Black Sand Pearl Prius C 3 is sitting in my dealer's parking lot, tantalizingly close, but I have a 3-4 week wait for the title to get back from the DMV.

Apparently someone bought the car while I was still looking around, and decided it wasn't for them after a few days. It comes back with 300 miles on it, but a bit more of a discount, so I say "Yeah, let's do this!"

I then get an email from the sales guy, "oh, I forgot about this on bit where we have to have the title to actually sell it to you"

I've started looking at other dealers, and it's possible I might be able to get a Grey Magnetic or a Blue Streak, both of which I like, but neither of which were first choices. Wait, get a better deal, or get a cool color that will probably grow on me... decisions decisions.

2. donny612

donny612 "Captain Jack Sparrow"

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    In my situation I wanted the Black Sand Pearl, and I only had to wait about a week for one to come into the dealer. They had no black C's in stock or located at other local dealers. They did know that they had one coming however. I'd wait for the color etc. that I REALLY wanted. It's not like you're going to buy another one of these anytime soon.

3. BGGirl

BGGirl Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I am waiting for the color I want but looks like it will be 60+ days when is all said and done. I think it will be worth it though....:) it would be really really hard though to see it sitting at the dealership and not be able to drive it :) I would wait.. I bet if you told them you may look around to see what is out there while they are getting the title, they would get that done faster...

4. xsavior

xsavior Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Went to visit my black sand pearl c3, and took it out to play... err... for another test drive. Still love the car, really hoping the title is resolved by the middle of May, as we've got a road trip out to Indiana, and I'd love to save a ton on gas :). Should be a 12-13 hour drive, and we'll have 3 adults and luggage, but we'll take turns driving and shifting between back and front seat. Should be a great way to get to know the car very very well :)