1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SO close to be an owner

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bekit, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Bekit

Bekit Junior Member

Got the call last week, my Prius had been shipped and would be here within a week. Got the call on Saturday, the car was in - I could pick it up Monday after they had time to clean it, inspect it, all that fun stuff. So today was the day.

I get to the dealership, and they pull it out - and realize that they ordered the wrong interior.

I don’t know why, but I had the premonition that my car was going to show up with the wrong colour interior. Because of this, I double checked when I was talking to the dealer before to ensure that it was going to be the black exterior, grey interior, BC package car.

So what shows up? A black exterior, BC package IVORY interior… I half considered it while standing there with the key in my hand looking at a Prius - but it just isn't what I wanted.

The dealer already tracked down another one (the right combo this time, or so he says), but now I have to wait another week.

The only upside (read: slight compensation) is the fact that I’m making them give me a loaner car for the week. It probably won’t be a Prius, but at least I’ll have wheels for the next week until I get my baby.

::sigh:: - so close...

2. speedy

speedy New Member

That sucks. Mine's due next Friday, a package 4 that's supposed to have a security system upgrade and though I've checked and confirmed - I have that same feeling that it will show up without it.

At least you can fix a security system after delivery. Good luck.

:(

3. DanH

DanH New Member

I does sound like there is an upside to it all as well. That is, they did find exactly what you wanted and it will be here in one week.

It's good you held out for the gray. That's gotta look sharp with the black Prius.

4. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Good for you for sticking to your guns! You'll be glad you did (particularly with only a 1 week wait.)

5. bobc

bobc New Member

Yeah, I agree.

In the big picture, A weeks' wait isn't that long.

Good on ya for having them give you a loaner!!! See if you can talk them into keeping the sub-par stock tires and throwing some Hydroedges or Comfortreds on!