1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So happy to have new Prius friends!!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by passion222, Aug 19, 2011.

1. passion222

passion222 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I never knew about this site until I got informed by a Toyota dealer that there are Prius forums. Id get tons of answers and it's be like a little club. LOL thought awesome. I find people love a Prius or non owners sure have alot of criticism or curiosity. Im just confused how the dashboard works. I never have a clue how many miles Im actually getting or should be getting. Help on that pleeeease.:car::confused::confused:

2. GSW

GSW PRIUS POWER

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Passion222, the best thing that you can do to learn about the car is select a specific item your curious about and find it in the owners manual. If that dosen't help, ask some of the Priuschat members. Either way WELCOME and we will try to help.

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and just sit back and enjoy the ride... the Prius will take care of you.

4. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to the forum passion222. If you search, there is a PDF version of the owner's manual that you can download and search through it on your PC. It's much easier to search for key words than the hard copy.

5. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :welcome:
    RTFM! (stands for Read the Factory manual).
    OK....so it's not Tolstoy, but there are some gems hidden away in there.
    If you don't mind the taunts of the self-appointed forum cops, you can ask questions in the forum and they're usually answered fairly quickly.
    DON'T try and use the search function. It's faster to just wait for somebody to ask the same question as you were wondering about.
    DON'T try to figure out how many miles per gallon you're getting by using the MDF, or Multi-Function Display (that goofy Atari styled dashboard display) It will over-estimate your real world mileage by about 5-percent.

Here's what I do:
    Use one trip meter to calcu-guess my mileage tank by tank.
    Use the other to keep a longer average (about 5K in my case due to a battery failure).
    IIRC the trip meter will reset after 9999 miles but I'm not sure.
    Some people like to figure out their mileages for smaller trips (drive to work, etc) but IMHO measuring any trip less than say....50 miles isn't really telling you much.
    YMMV.

If you really want to know what your for-real MPG is----just figure it out manually every time you put gas in the car. :)

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    nice to have you, all the best with your new baby!

7. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome To PC