1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So, Has iOS4.2 fixed the USB Audio Issues?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by hansgrason1, Nov 22, 2010.

1. hansgrason1

hansgrason1 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Apple released iOS 4.2 today for iPods, iPads, and iPhones. Has anyone with the iOS 4.1 audio issue(s) download the iOS 4.2 update and tested USB connectivity yet? I have heard rumors that Apple had addressed the USB audio skipping, crackeling, and popping in iOS 4.1 with the iOS 4.2 upgrade.

2. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Downloading as we speak...according to the 4.2:

Bug fixes, including:
    - Eliminates sound artifacts occasionally captured in
    recorded audio with 4th generation iPod touch
    - Improves audio playback to car stereos via USB

So, it looks like Apple did listen to us.... :)

3. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I down loaded last night and this morning my iPod Touch wasn't recognized as being attached to my USB Port! I might have been better off before the update, will check later to make sure it connected correctly...

4. hansgrason1

hansgrason1 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Jeez o flip! I sure hope it's a simple thing for you...if it's not, then this is the EXACLT reason why I have hesitated to do the update -- for the fear that iOS 4.2 would somehow make things worse!

Please keep us posted ... I'm hoping for the best!

5. hansgrason1

hansgrason1 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hey, I see you have added fog/driving lights as a mod to your 2010. Where did you get it done, at Toyota dealer? Did you do it yourself?

6. Bob Comer

Bob Comer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My iPod was recognized fine, but now the steering wheel controls have no effect on it and it still doesn't remember where you left on in listening.

So bascially, no, not much was fixed. :(

7. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It worked fine this afternoon when I left for work. Not sure what the problem was this morning. My steering wheel controls work fine also, mode changes between sources, up and down arrows will jump to the next/previous song, and + and - keys raise and lower the volume.

8. RedBackFur

RedBackFur Owner

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    4.2 on my 3G (non-jailbroken this time) Not only removed the audio artifacts when playing through my USB port, but has made the head unit MUCH less fussy when I hook the phone up...almost always pulling in my play lists, podcasts, etc. And was playing where I left off on my podcasts. Also, I found it no longer freaks out as easily if I run a geolocation app, where that used to cause all sorts of havoc.

9. Shep

Shep New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    First you have the exact car, build and delivery I have...kind of weird. Second have you had a problem with the interface of the Nav not showing you which song is playing? Mine will show artist title etc on the first song but when my latest generation iPod classic (I have too much music for a touch) goes to the next song it still shows the first no matter what I do short of unplugging and replugging the iPod. The dealership just demonstrated that they may just hire idiots when I asked about this.

10. DerekinaPrius

DerekinaPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    4.2 fixed the audio problems. However, my phone still changes songs when I scroll through the menus on my nav screen. Looks like I'll be sticking to bluetooth. =[