1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So how good are those ComforTreads, really...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by jbarnhart, Jan 30, 2006.

1. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

Wallyworld has the Goodyear Comfortreads in our size for about $78/tire plus $10 installation. That's pushing $400 after tax (in tax-thirsty CA). My Goodyear Integrities have about 700 miles on them and are good for, what, 40,000 more?

I called the Goodyear shop in town and he wants $95/tire because "they're on sale now". But he offered $30 trade in on the Integrities. But his installation is more like $25-30 per tire, making his price actually higher than Wallyworld. No sale. Costco doesn't even carry Goodyears.

So, I guess my question is, do the Comfortreads make such a difference in road noise and other parameters that they are worth the $400 hit? I am most interested in road noise and rain performance, since we get a lot of rain here and no snow.

(I guess I could try selling the almost-new Integrities on craigslist but I doubt I'd get very much for them. There are so many postings on that board I doubt anyone will even see the ad!)

2. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

The real question is do you have any compelling reason to get rid of the tires you have now? They are on the car and if they aren't causing you any problems, why spend the money? Regardless of the wear and mileage you might get from them, until you need to replace them, why do it? Unless you have unlimited funds. And with the gasoline prices going up again, you might need it at the pump.

I just got the Comfortreads last month one day after I got the recall done so I have no information as to the difference in mpg they might have caused. For whatever reason, my OEM tires only lasted 18k miles so I had no choice.

3. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    The Integrities have performed great for me all winter in your neck of the woods. I'd be surprised if new tires would make a difference worth spending $400. Then again, I always have the radio on so road noise doesn't really bother me.

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    When I traded in my Camry for my Prius, the dealer, who was going to give me KBB price, knocked down the trade by $600 because my tires were worn. Boy that pissed me off. I hated the noise and feel of the Integrity tires, so I got ComforTred tires immediately, for about $400. Now when I turn in my Prius for a new one, it will have new OEM Integrity tires (and the stupid plastic rings) reinstalled. They're sitting in my well house, awaiting the day...