1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So I removed the back emblems and... surprise!

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by gattaiolo, Aug 27, 2023.

1. gattaiolo

gattaiolo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello everyone!

Following a quick research on the internet, I decided to remove the "Prius" and "hybrid" emblems at the back of my P4. I like the clean looks.

I was surprised to discover that the Prius emblem is fixed to the car not only with glue! Now I'm left with two nice holes (I'm unable to upload a picture...) so I didn't remove the hybrid emblem (yet).

All the information I gathered prior to removing them was that the emblems were just sticked on

Any advice? Thanks!

2. The Professor

The Professor Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    You basically have three choices. Either put the emblems (or new ones) back on, cover the holes with something else (like another emblem or sticker), or fill the holes and paint them.

Brian Martel likes this.
  3. gattaiolo

gattaiolo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe I'll paint them black before sticking them back

4. Brian Martel

Brian Martel New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I am a new owner and going through the same thing.. was not expecting holes!! Not a fan of the 3 Hybrid badges but do like the AWD-e.
    I filled holes with white silicone, left a slight indent and filled with glazing putty.
    Now it’s decision time.
    Paint Blizz white OR put a different badge over? Easy to put back on if I need to.
    I found a cool eBay TRD badge to replace the back right side. IMG_5495.jpeg Probably paint the holes above the left AWD.
    Hoping the front L &R fenders don’t have holes.
    I will post the finished backside if I make a change.

5. Priipriii

Priipriii Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not judging but its kinda weird seeing a car without emblems in traffic, dont you think?

People are gonna think you are ashamed of driving a prius lol.

But to answer your question, you can try RTV to plug it then spot paint it with a $1 bottle of walmart paint in the crafts section or spraypaint, etc. Its small enough to where it shouldnt be very noticable. I once used gum, yes gum, as a plug a hole solution then painted it on top. Worked well and held for years till i sold it. Just gotta be creative