1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So I want to Upgrade My Foglights

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Kutanks, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Kutanks

Kutanks Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2004 Prius with the stock fogs. Currently they both work, but one of them is cracked. Also I don't think they do much for me in terms of increasing light output. I want to upgrade to HIDs but Im confused as too what I need. Do I need just the bulbs or do I need a kit? If I need a kit which kit do people recommend? I want to keep the yellow (JDM) look so I know I need 3000k bulbs but thats about it. Looking for suggestions/ links to buy fogs that will fit. I have a friend who says he'll install them for me.

2. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  3. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Hey no fair, thats the URL I was going to post[​IMG]!!

I just purchsed the same set. I went with the 5000k color temp to match the main HIDS that I have. Make sure you get the correct base for the bulb you want. I went with a 35W system. You will find that HID will run HOT at approx 180ºF-190ºF !!! That works for me!!!
    PhazonPhobe stopped by one day and we measued his same foglight setup..190ºF

4. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    ^ Yikes. I thought HIDs were supposed to run cooler than halogens. :confused:

5. PhazonPhobe

PhazonPhobe His name is Sora

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, they run very hot. Not thinking, I touched the light housing and it quite nearly burned me.

You can check out these threads to see how mine turned out. I went with the 6,000k for both the headlights and the fogs. Fortunately, the DRLs KK6PD sold me are about the same color temperature.

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-prius-audio-electronics/88710-6-000k-headlights-fog-lights-done-pics.html

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-prius-modifications/89778-led-drls-pics.html

6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just took some pictures to show how much the 35w HIDs help illuminate the road. I wish I had taken the same pics with the stock fog lights but I've never really been able to tell the difference between them being on or off. :(

Here are two sets of pictures in different locations. Each set shows the fog lights off then turned on.

Attached Files: