1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So I was poking around a Scion Tc today...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by brick, May 3, 2007.

1. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I happened to be at the local Toyota/Scion dealer today and while I was waiting around I wandered over to a Scion Tc sitting on the showroom floor. So I opened the door and looked down and saw this little guy:

[attachmentid=7849]

Well, look at that. It has a knob! So I turned it. And as I turned it I noticed the front of the seat moving up in almost a bending motion. And I think that big lever may be the rear height adjustment, though I got distracted before I could sit down and try to get comfortable.

That just got me thinking. I'd like to go back and have another look at how that seat goes together. My vagary is that there may be a way to bolt that hardware into a Prius seat (either the whole bottom, the framework...whatever) while retaining the all-important side impact airbags and the geometry that the engineers intended. I give it a 0.01% chance since that would just be way to easy, but what the heck. I figured I'd just point it out. Manual height adjusters do exist in the Toyota parts bin.

Attached Files:

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    When you go back, look at the manual Camry adjustable seats too. Same kind of setup.

3. Y. Zhou

Y. Zhou New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yeah, I had a 95 Camry with manual seats (rear ended and deemed totaled, which led to my Prius Touring so, no complaints there) and from my experience the front adjust ability is not as useful as you might think. The front may tip up or down (more level), but the big lever does not adjust the rear height, it's for the seat back up/down.