1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So long MB...new Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by schorert, Apr 18, 2012.

1. schorert

schorert Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    With my daughter off to school we need to find a way to save some $$, so out of the garage goes my wife's Mercedes ML350 and in goes a 2012 prius four. and gone will be the MB's crappy 17-18mpg on super unleaded! I estimate we'll save $300 to $350/mo on fuel alone.
    Also gone are the myriad of problems looming in the 08 MB.

the Prius joins the 06 Ford escape Hybrid which is the best car I've ever owned! 130k mi averaging around 30mpg with mostly highway driving.

we got zero off the sticker! but made the guy give us a ton for our trade. I'm sure the dealer is thinking he put one over on us, but I'm probably more happy about getting rid of the MB than getting the new prius!

2. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome to PC :welcome:. I'm sure you will come to love your Prius as much as the Ford Escape.

BTW, I was just in MA a few weeks ago and was surprised how few Prii I saw on the road there. Out west where gas is higher, I see more and more each day.

3. schorert

schorert Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My wife and I both work (300yds apart, but commute separately?) in a VERY liberal, very green community of research facilities. the prius is THE car of choice and prii probably compose >10% of the cars on the road. The cars you do NOT see in the parking lots are MB's, and her MB at her not-for-profit was raising eyebrows.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's all a numbers game anyway. More on trade value or bigger discount off the MSRP. The number to concentrate is the difference between what you're paying for the new car and what you're getting for the old one.

Anyway, congrats!! Quite the high tech jump. Enjoy the solar roof, HUD and HDD-based nav!