1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So My Wife Just Called...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by LOLGuy, Mar 14, 2005.

1. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    and said the car carrier transporting my new Tideland Pearl w/ BC and mats from MD will be arriving between 2 and 3PM TODAY!!!!! Oh, I so wish I could swing leaving early today.

It wasn't supposed to be delivered until Thursday and now I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve! :D

2. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

:clap: :multi: Congrats!!!

:)

3. KCPrius

KCPrius Member

Congrats - the dealer where I bought both my Prius' told me that per Toyota, the battery needed to be fully charged at the dealership before you could take it, so it wasn't until the next day that I could get them anyhow.

4. senectus

senectus New Member

How do they intend on doing that?!
    Sounds a bit like they just wanted to keep the car for themselves for a day :-P

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    KC,
    That is not a good sign. It's is completely and simply false and anyone there would know that. However, there are some dealer prep thing they need to do that usually takes a couple of hours so a day delay isn't a bad thing.

Be sure you go to the Knowledge Base and read through the Pre-delivery info there so you know what to expect and don't get the wool pulled over your eyes with anything else....I don't want you going in thinking they're unscrupulous, but just in case they are you need to be ready.

6. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Dr. Evan is correct, there is a pretty solid and in-depth dealer prep instruction sheet that goes with the car. I printed on off from the Prius boards at Yahoo groups before I took delivery. Lots of walking around the car and testing SKS and other systems is included in the dealer prep instructions.

I think that some dealers get in the habit of telling their customers little white lies regarding minor things such as pre-delivery prep because they might encounter folks that just don't understand. However, it isn't hard for me, or you or anyone else here to understand that cars come from the port with protective plastic all over them, floor mats and other accessories in a bag thrown in the hatch or back seat and systems that need to be evaluated before delivery. On top of that, the DOME fuses are removed to prevent battery rundown in transit.

Honestly, I would rather a dealer be straight and tell me that I can't have it today because they have yet to get the car set up and cleaned up rather than give me some bull about the battery.

7. KCPrius

KCPrius Member

Hey...my dealer was 150 miles away - He called to tell me the car would be delivered, and it didn't really matter to me since in either case, it was 2 days before I could get away and do it. At any rate, both cars were extremely clean, had a full charge on the battery and a full tank of gas. And I figured that I'd already waited 3 months for each one, what's another day or two?

8. Epp

Epp New Member

Thanks for the comment about the dome lights fuse being removed for shipping -- those lights not working was the only thing wrong with my new car -- now, I have nothing to complain about.

9. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

With the dome light fuse removed, a bunch of stuff won't work, not just the dome lights.

Body ECU, SKS ECU and oscillators/receivers, combination meter.