1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So no one saw the hybrid discussion on "Alias" las

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by priusenvy, Mar 19, 2005.

1. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I was expecting someone to mention the hybrid car discussion at the end of last week's episode of "Alias".

At the end of the show, the cast is discussing their just-completed mission over dinner. Earlier in the show, in order to get inside a French jail, Sydney Bristow (main character, played by Jennifer Garner) defaces a big SUV by spray painting "OIL SUCKS" or something like that on it. One of the supporting characters mentions that he's considering buying a hybrid car and wants to know what the others think. Sydney remarks that she has one and loves it, and after an uncomfortable pause (where one of the subordinates makes the mistake of calling his boss, who is is also his girlfriend's father, by his first name), Sydney's father adds:

"Well considering the rapidly growing demand for oil in nations like China and India, not to mention the world's oil production is expected to peak in the next five years and then sharply plummet, I think it's pretty clear were looking at an exponential rise in global conflict along with an energy crisis of unfathomable proportion. So yes, I'd say a hybrid is an excellent idea."

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

HAA!! That's great!

Jack Bristow is this decade's Mr. Spock (churning emotions covered by an icy, super-intelligent resolve)-- so, it's quite the endorsement. :)

(Does this mean Sloan is covertly working for GM? :lol: )

The only thing better would have been him turning to the camera and saying, "So buy hybrids.... or I'll kill you." (Because Jack, y'know, could.)

[Thanks for the pointer -- I'm TiVo-ing Alias, and then watching it in 3-4 episode chunks. Hadn't caught this yet.]

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    bummer... i missed it... but there are other benefits to missing that show...