1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So, Where do those plugs go?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by GAGendel, May 10, 2005.

1. GAGendel

GAGendel Junior Member

Ok, I went over the checklist when I picked up my car and there they were!

Two oval shaped rubber(ish) plugs in a plastic bag in the glove box.

I remember the document mentioning that some dealers intentionally don't put them on, so I didn't bother to ask... But does someone know where these things go? I'm just curious.

2. exhuman

exhuman Member

Could they be the little hooks that go on the floor below the driver's knees that hold the floor mat in place.? Maybe they don't put them in in case the owner doesn't want them, especially if they didn't buy regulation Prius floor mats?

3. hschuck

hschuck Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I found one plug fitting your discription. it was under the hood on the shelf by the windshild washer. I've still got it but have no idea where it might go.

4. Prius Noir

Prius Noir New Member

5. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    so the dealers at now not even bothering to go through their precheck list?

6. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep,thats where they go. I have seen used Toyota's come thru here with the plugs not installed. We always install those here. The holes are used when the vehicles are transported for the tie downs. Very simple to install,just push them in, :)

7. twdusa

twdusa New Member

Yes, You are exactly correct. Item E02 on page 19 of the Pre-delivery checklist is where these two rubber parts are to be installed. These plugs keep water and foreign material out. They should have been installed before your dealer gave you the car. Return to your dealer and request that they be installed or you can do it yourself. I found mine in the glove box also and had the dealer install them after I found it in the checklist on page 19.