1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So Which Brand of Aftermarket Headlights are Best?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by LesPaulTomFL, Mar 5, 2024.

Tags:
  1. LesPaulTomFL

LesPaulTomFL Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I need help selecting a brand that is known good on fit and not to leak or crack.

I need replacement headlights for 2013 Prius V.

Anyone know a good brand? (there are so many)

So I am thinking the cost is manageable but I see some that are half the money and look good.

How do I tell which is a good Brand?

Here is my favorite from E-bay and then below they are twice that from Rock Auto?
    upload_2024-3-5_18-25-34.png

Here is Rock auto and the top ones look low end and even say "Various Vendors' so how do ensure I get a good brand with good fit that will hopefully last at least 3 or 4 years?

upload_2024-3-5_18-28-12.png

2. 462disco

462disco Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Depo and TYC would be what I'd go with - best would be OEM housings with a lens replacement but that requires some work.
    I bought a set of the $100 ones on eBay and the rear housings are thin - I ended up just using the lens & doing a quad retrofit so it wasn't a big deal.

Make sure you PPF the lens, or apply a ceramic coating every year or so to maintain lens clarity.