1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Solar flowers and bus shelters on US tour

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Info from Toyota's Prius Team, posted right here on PriusChat: Prius Solar Tour. Prius Solar Flowers. Prius Solar Flowers are touring the U.S.! These large flower sculptures are flanked with solar panels and provide visitors with free Wi-Fi service and charging stations for laptops and cell phones. It’s all powered with help from the sun, like the Solar Roof in the 3rd generation Prius. Prius Solar Bus Shelters. 3rd generation Prius technology is popping up in bus shelters across the country! Select public bus shelters have been retrofitted with solar panels and fans that circulate air within the shelter. This cooling experience was designed to mirror the Solar Powered Ventilation System found in the 3rd generation Prius. Embedded with available solar panels, the 2010 Prius can use solar power to ventilate the interior when parked in the sun. Prius Solar Flowers and Bus Shelters will be touring major cities across the U.S. Check out the schedule here: 1. Boston – Prudential Plaza – July 8 - July 19, 2009 2. New York – Broadway Blvd – July 23 - August 2, 2009 (Solar Flowers Only) 3. Chicago – Navy Pier – August 8 - August 22, 2009 4. Seattle – Westlake Park – August 29 - September 7, 2009 (Solar Flowers Only) 5. San Francisco – Yerba Buena Gardens – September 12 - September 27, 2009 6. Los Angeles – The Americana – October 3 - October 18, 2009 Check out the Prius Facebook page later this week at www.facebook.com/prius and click on the "Solar Flower" tab for more information. Generic press release: BOSTON, July 8 /PRNewswire/ -- "Solar Flowers" reaching up to 18 feet high are blossoming in Boston's Prudential Plaza and not only are they good for reviving spirits, they're good for reviving computers and cell phones too. The oversized flower sculptures are partially powered by solar panels on the back of their petals and the base of their stems. Each of the five Solar Flowers provides seating for up to 10 people, access to free Wi-Fi service and power to charge cell phones and laptops. Daily hours of operation are 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. The flowers are in the Plaza July 8 - 19 as part of the launch of the 2010 Toyota Prius and they bring to life the theme: "Harmony Between Man, Nature and Machine." The campaign emphasizes the balance the Prius helps strike between the needs of man and nature. Boston bus riders also will discover solar ventilation bus shelters spread throughout the downtown area as another part of the "Harmony Installation" campaign. The special shelters feature solar panels on the roof that help run fans and circulate air within the shelter. This experience is designed to demonstrate Prius' available Solar Powered Ventilation System, which uses a fan to draw outside air into the cabin to reduce cabin temperature when the car is parked in direct sunlight. "Prius has emerged as a symbol of our time, empowering people to see how each individual can play a role in making the world a little bit better," said Kim McCullough , corporate manager of marketing communications for Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. "To launch the third-generation Prius, we're bringing Prius' eco-friendly technologies and optimistic spirit to the people where they live, work and play." After Boston, the "Harmony Installations" will travel to New York, Chicago, Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles.

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Surely this is a sign of the approaching end times.

Please. Really. I'm secure in my manhood. I'm cool with the advertising. I haven't liked it, but I've given up.

But Japan gets Superman! Could we please just get some advertising for the new Prius that doesn't involve giant daisies, smiling bumblebees or have a nice millenium smilling sunshine?

It's green cred overkill. Prius isn't looking for harmony with nature. Prius has got mother nature in a choke hold and is body slamming her into the compost pile. Sure, it's a smiling, singing, solar powered compost pile but still....

Anybody for some subtlty? Just a touch of masculinity? And instead of wasting time building giant solar powered monster daisies, how about actually building more solar powered sunroof Prius. Availabilty seems incredibly scarce for something Toyota continues to promote like it's down at every dealership.

....it's okay, I'm alright now, I was just frightened by the giant Daisy. Like I said, I give up. Just why does this advertising approach make me want to push the Power Mode Button? Why does it make me wish there was another mode called "Sucks Fuel and Blows Exhaust"????

Man, I like The Prius but the giant daisies are making it difficult.