1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Solar roofed homes sell better than the average home...

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by burritos, Sep 26, 2007.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  2. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Not surprising but I'm glad it's getting media coverage. Unfortunately, CA has already got a pretty healthy solar market. National coverage would've been better. Solar is starting to catch on here in CO. There's a new development going up not too far from me where all the homes are solar. Starting from $425K (yeah, I know in CA that's a bargain), but starting none the less.

3. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Awesome.

Yeah, we see more and more developments that now advertise "solar homes" in huge letters. They wouldn't be doing that if it wasn't working! Great to see.

4. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Sep 27 2007, 12:31 AM) [snapback]518349[/snapback]</div>
    ain't it prime? What's cool is that it's starting to happen outside of CA. Of course, CO has good rebates too. Our next house will have an array and my biz partner is putting an 8.1kW array on the house he's building (actually, the array is going to be a ground mount, he's got 7.4 acres to play with). With the 50% rebate it's a good financial move as well as a green one. Once the costs are more comparable to "conventional" power solar is going to really take off. Which will be excellent indeed.