1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sold My '05 and I'm Really Bummed Out

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by shimadog, Aug 8, 2010.

1. shimadog

shimadog New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    8/8/10

The note was mine after 60 months. I'd started sitting in many cars and trucks because, at 370 solid pounds, my frame no longer fit my mint '05 Driftwood Pearl with 42000 miles on the clock.

Ten days ago I traded it for a 2009 Mercury Grand Marquis mainly because it was such a roomy American Ironhorse. I drove it for 10 miles in light traffic and all seemed ok.

Bad move! :mad: God I hate this car. The brakes are truly scary. In stop and go traffiic I have to stand on the brake to keep the thing from bolting forward. Friends, once you've enjoyed Toyota Synergy there's no going back.

Of all the cars I've driven the best alternative is the Honda CR-V. It marginally fits better than the Prius. I'll probably make the deal tomorrow. Too bad my Prius, with "SAD OPEC" California plates, was so uncomfortable. I'm heartbroken :(

Shimadog

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Doh! Have you looked into other hybrids that you might fit better in? I can't speak to how they are in terms of room for you, but I was thinking FEH, FFH, NAH, HyCam or HyHi... I see SAN FRANCISCO/OAK/SAN JOSE Nissan Dealers Altima Hybrid Offers - 0.0% APR - $279 Lease - Nissan USA still having $4500 incentives on new NAHs and per New Energy Tax Credit for Hybrids, the $2350 Federal tax credit on Nissan hybrids is still on.

As for "SAD OPEC", hey, when I was a Prius Connection SF, I saw a car such plates but didn't remember if it was a Prius or a 1st gen Insight. I guess you were there?

3. timtim2008

timtim2008 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i know the felling..

i sold mine, and had to buy another one back.

3rd time prius owner, lol

4. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I sort of know what you mean about braking in a conventional car ...

I drove a V6 powered Venza last month. Once letting off the gas, ya really have to give quite a bit of brakes (compared to a Prius) to slow to a stop. Being such a heavy car, can feel the heft when slowing to a stop. Burns up gas and brakes much quicker than Prius.

The Prius is so mellow - let off the gas, gas engine lets go of the drivetrain, easily slow with regenerative brakes. Pleasant car to drive.