1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sold my Gen1 (it was-is a great "ride")!

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by SteveWlf, Mar 13, 2013.

1. SteveWlf

SteveWlf Old-on-Hold

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just sold my Gen1 to a friend who has been bring her cars to me for years for repair. Let her drive it over the weekend and she loved it but has some reservation about the complexities of the system (as most of us do or should). She did her research online before I had a chance to recomend that she join this forum. I hope you all will offer her the support and advice as you have me.

I drove the Gen1 for about 6k miles over 5 and half months with nothing major, once I figured out that all of my red triangles were the result of a weak OEM battery and corroded terminals. I relace it with a new Yellow Top Optima and never a problem since. Had the Rack Replaced under the warrantee extention program and got a clean bill of health from the dealer inspection. Even at 282k mile the OEM traction battery still maintains it's charge with Green bars all the time, even when sitting unused for weeks at a time. If this car my continue and might eventually join the Half Million Mile Club eventually. I guess the sounds like a sales pitch but I really loved this car but a guy can only drive one Prius at a time.

I'm still around since I still drive a Gen2 and am repairing two the Gen2 with major body damage.
    Steve

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Hummm, extreme roller blades.

Bob Wilson