1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

*SOLD* OC: 2011 Prius 3, Silver, 151K miles, Clean Title - $8300

Discussion in 'Prius Cars For Sale' started by Ballbearing, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ballbearing

Ballbearing Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My beloved Toyota Prius 3 is up for sale. Completely reliable and easy to drive...not to mention, super safe. Currently, it's at 151K miles, but it's my daily, so it'll climb, albeit in small amounts.

Clean title - no accidents, whatsoever. I am the 2nd owner. This vehicle is on a lien from USAA, who will either mail the title directly to the new buyer's home address or new financial institution.

Comes almost all options available minus leather & solar sunroof. It has bluetooth, navigation, XM radio ready, backup camera, keyless touch sensor on the front door handles, cruise control, AC blows cold, heater works very well. No tears, stains, or scratches on the upholstery.

Since purchasing this car, I have done extensive repairs and service procedures to keep this Prius up and running for a long time. I'm
    a former mechanic and have addressed all the known Prius issues during my possession.

-Registration Paid for one year from now
    -Changed out both Front and Rear brakes completely with Wagner Thermoquiet Rotors and Pads (1K miles ago!)
    -Replaced Toyota Brake Actuator to a newer 2014 unit ($1,200 job) @ 140K miles
    -Oil Changed every 5K miles with Mobil 1 0w20
    -Cleaned out EGR Valve @ 148K miles
    -Cleaned out EGR Cooler (vastly improved mileage)
    -Replaced Cabin Air Filter @ 145K miles
    -Replaced Air Intake Filter @ 145K miles
    -Replaced Spark Plugs @ 145K miles
    -Cleaned out EGR pipe @ 145K miles
    -Garage Kept
    -Cleaned Weekly
    -Paint in great condition

Cons:
    -Scratches underneath the spoiler
    -Cracked Turn Signal Lamp
    -Scratches on the right side of the rear bumper
    -Missing one Hub Cap on the front right
    -Scratches on the front right bottom of the front bumper

If you have any questions or would like to take a look, please PM me and I'll be happy to either answer your questions or schedule a viewing.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Ballbearing

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Price changed to $7,900.

Correction: this is actually a 3rd owner Prius - the auto broker I purchased this Prius from had it under ownership.

3. Ballbearing

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I realized my asking price is a bit high, thanks to KBB. Any offer above $7,200.00 takes it. KBB values it between $6900 - $7900. I owe $8,200.00 on it but willing to take the loss since market value dictates reality.

I have two Priuses, (the other being a 2012 Package 2 with over 200K miles on it that I used to rent out on Turo) so I no longer need this one. I owe the same amount on the other one, so I'm not selling that and decided to keep it until a million miles =O

PM if interested. Thank you

Attached Files:

4. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Dudeeee, just pay off the car and THEN sell it. It's really not fair to the buyer to make them have to wait for the lien. I bought my car this way and while the seller ended up being a super nice and upstanding guy, the 2 month waiting period was absolute agony and full of uncertainty - for both of us! He was afraid I'd back out and I was afraid he wasn't going to get the title. Don't do business like this man.

boostedGS likes this.
  5. cwc2k1

cwc2k1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The way I've typically seen this done in the past is the buyer accompanies the seller to the bank and they pay off the vehicle "together" and the seller hands over the title that same day. Maybe this is what he has in mind.

6. misstenacity

misstenacity Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Message sent to Ballbearing.... perhaps this is my next car. Whee.

7. Ballbearing

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've sold cars like this the past few years....I'm not sure what kind of bank had you wait 2 months for the lien to be released, but mine arrived in less than two weeks. The buyer just had the vehicle insured and then received the title once I acquired it in the mail.... you can request the bank to FedEx Priority Overnight the title to you once lien is released, you just have to pay extra, but totally worthwhile. Also, FedEx Priority Overnight the check to the bank. This saves you a lot of time. It also helps a lot to keep the buyer informed of what's going on every other day, or so.

Anyway, I'm really sorry, misstenacity, but this Prius has been sold. I sent you a PM reply. Sorry about that!

#7 Ballbearing, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
  8. Ballbearing

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sold!

bisco likes this.
  9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler