1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

solved my seat problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sonny, Dec 23, 2006.

1. sonny

sonny New Member

After weighing many options to get the seat to be comfortable for my wife who has back trouble I took the pri to my local auto upholstry shop. They removed the leather seat cover and added foam padding to the seat bottom and added more padding in the lumbar part of the seat back. I had them build up the back of the seat bottom so it is level. The result is a comfortable and way more firm seat. They told me they could add even more foam if this wasn't the answer. Side airbag in the drivers seat was not a problem. Total cost was $65!, So if your seat is driving you crazy, see your local auto upholstry shop. I also just added the BT Plate to the car but haven't had a windy day to test it yet.

2. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Wow, what an excellent resolution... I just purchased a memory foam lumbar support from a "healthy back" store. I used it in my Pruis on a 4 hour trip and could hardly walk the next day. That was $56.00 wasted, plus another trip to the chiropractor. Yours sounds like an interesting resolution.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Sometimes on a long trip I'll fold up my jacket (a towel would probably work better) and put it behind my lower back for lumbar support. It seems to help. But the Prius seat is not the best for long trips. Too bad. It would not have cost them any more to shape the seat differently.