1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

[SOLVED] Please recommend a tie-in point for the headlights

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by DavidSpivey, Sep 15, 2015.

1. DavidSpivey

DavidSpivey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am soon (Thursday maybe) going to be installing some under-car lighting. I will have them come on when the headlights are on. I need a recommendation on a wire to tap for the headlight on signal. I tapped the ECU's L7 connector wires for the turn signals on the backup camera mod, so I feel confident fiddling with these wires. Is there a headlight signal in that group of wires as well?

If not, where would you recommend tapping the headlight signal? I *can* tap it outside at the light if necessary, but I would feel better tapping it inside the car if possible.

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Why the new thread? :confused:

Check out the sticky thread, oem foglights available, or something close to that, in the Gen 3 accessories and modifications forum. There is a download link for the installation that shows where a brown wire is located under the driver's side that is hot when the lowbeam headlights are on. Link is in the first post.

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  4. DavidSpivey

DavidSpivey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Awesome, dude. You hit the nail on the head. Thanks ever so much. :cool::)

EDIT: As for why I started a new thread, it seemed to be a different question, so therefore a new answer.

#4 DavidSpivey, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015