1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Some Audio and Video of Runaway Ford and Toyota

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by uart, Feb 24, 2010.

1. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Just thought I'd post these files since this is such a hot topic at the moment. See attached zip file.

The audio file (mp3) is a recording of the actual emergency call (to police) made by a guy in a run-away Ford Explorer on a freeway outside Melbourne Australia. This happened a few months ago. It's interesting to note that everything was "locked out" for this poor guy, couldn't turn off ignition, couldn't change to neutral, and couldn't stop using brakes. Ouch!

The avi file (x264 codec) is something I recorded yesterday on "Good Morning America" where they were giving Toyota a bit of a roasting. The clip shows that Professor Dave Gilbert doing his "shorting out" thing. It is interesting to note that simply putting the prius into neutral did defeat the problem. Handy to know that.

BTW. Sorry about the low quality of the files. It's low because I compressed them as much as I could to save bandwidth.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.