1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Some Jerk.....

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by triumph1, Jun 26, 2010.

1. triumph1

triumph1 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Stole my driver side mirror- the motor still works, looks like all that's missing is the mirror itself. Any ideas where I can get a used one? I find it odd someone would steal this thing, unless of course this mirror fits many other Toyotas. Just doesn't seem like the average Prius owner would steal off another Prius.........

Attached Files:

2. vertex

vertex Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
  3. Rokeby

Rokeby Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You might also check with these folks.

They are a 2004-2009 Prius salvage yard and rebuilder in Indiana. :cheer2:

Good rep here for service, prices, and shipping. :rockon:

4. triumph1

triumph1 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I found a place in Illinois that will ship it for $20. I still don't get stealing mirror glass from a Prius, unless of course it will fit some other car that some "illegal" is probably trying to rebuild. I take it those wires dangling are for models that have heated glass? As far as I know mine didn't.......It sure doesn't now! Whats the best thing to attach it back to the backing plate with??

5. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I just replaced my daughter's mirror on a Corolla. It should be a snap in replacement and not an adhesive attach. The backing plate should come already attached to the new mirror. You probably need to pull the old backing plate once you get the new mirror if it is the same on a Prius.

6. triumph1

triumph1 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It would be nice if it had the backing plate, I'm not expecting so for $20. It didn't really say whether it came with it or not.

7. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You have heated side mirrors. I think all Gen II Prius have heated side mirrors, except for the stripped out base model that Toyota came out with in 2008 and 2009 where Toyota was able to reduce the base price by removing the heated mirrors, wheel trim rings, front seat back pockets, tonneau/luggage/cargo cover, and cruise control.

8. sktn77a

sktn77a Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You should have two thin wires coming out of the mirror body with flat connectors that push on to the heated mirror glass connections on the back of the glass. The heating element ist permanently stuck on to the back of the glass. If it's OEM, it should have this. If its aftermarket, it may not. Make sure those two connectors coming out of the mirror body don't touch or you'll have a fuse to replace also.

9. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I sure hope you are talking about a thief, and not an undocumented immigrant.

10. BassMasterCHS

BassMasterCHS New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    III
    local junk yard might have some...its where i got mine