1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Some New Owner Questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by chicagoprius2, Mar 5, 2007.

1. chicagoprius2

chicagoprius2 New Member

I absolutely love my new Prius...more than I imagined I would. I have a few questions the manual didn't answer for me, though:

1. Is it possible to switch directly from On to Acc without turning the car off? Sometimes I like to sit and listen to the radio or music and would like to turn the engine off without interrupting the stereo.

2. Is it possible to have the climage control on "auto" but not have it use A/C?

3. Is there some optimal level of charge for the battery? I generally see it drained just a bar (green) or two (blue) but I'd like to know if there's any level I should be aiming for charge-wise.

Thanks.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    1)No
    2)Yes, I think....hit auto, then touch 'AC'...I think AC turns off.
    3)Yes there's an 'optimal level'...~60% which is about 6 blue bars. No there is nothing you should try to do to affect that SOC...that's what the car is programmed to do. When you gain a lot more experience there are some tricks you can do to optimize the battery's usefulness to improve FE, but they're tricky and can backfire if not done properly. Definately not worth worrying about right now..."Just Drive It"

3. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chicagoprius2 @ Mar 5 2007, 11:08 AM) [snapback]400312[/snapback]</div>
    In the Prius, Climate control *IS* A/C. A/C warms as well as cools - "Air conditioning" in its literal sense, not in the sense 99% of the people out there mean when they say "air conditioning" (ie, it doesn't JUST lower the temperature).