1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Some observations the 4th time renting a 2010

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by cycledrum, Apr 2, 2010.

1. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This one's a blue III w/ nav.

The steering is very docile - Turn wheel quite a bit, car turns a little. Not sure if more docile than my '09 non-touring. So, guess I'd be more of a V kind a guy.

or ... Toyota, bring the 17's and tighter steering into the III line as an option :)

The fold down rear headrest is a nice touch.
    ------------------------------------------

I stopped by a VW dealer to check out a GTI. It happened to have leather seats. So I try to fold down the back seat and the headrest hits the front seat. Me and the salelady are trying earnestly to remove the backseat headrests, and they don't come off the GTI. Like a smartass, I show the her how the Prius headrests fold down.

Meanwhile, another salesdude figures out the cloth GTI backseat headrests come off, but the leather ones don't. So, the verdict was, if you want to fold down the backseats for cargo, must buy a cloth interior GTI ... or move front seats forward for cramped legroom.....

das cool .... Max ... hehe

:cool:

2. thegreatll

thegreatll New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    another win for the prius

3. vegasjetskier

vegasjetskier New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That makes zero sense. Why would the leather seats be different?

4. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The leather seat headrest is totally different. Trying to remember the package that adds leather .... had to look it up ...

on the GTI, it's called autobahn package - the rearseat headrest is shaped more like a 2010 Prius backseat headrest. The bars on that one didn't release allowing headrest to be removed.

The cloth headrests are contoured more like an 09 Prius - they go down lower - those headrests do release. I assume it's that way for all the two packages. Anyrate, that's why.

5. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Tell ya what, the 2010 Prius engine is very quiet. Going up a steep grade, I don't hear the engine very much. Lot quieter than my 09 engine.

After parking the car, it seems to unlock all the doors automatically. I can go to the hatch and open it right up.

Approaching a locked car with 1 door smart key, must reach for the key fob to get in hatch, or open driver door, unlock.

Power mode enhances the pedal response a lot. Going back to normal mode after Power mode, it's like ... where's the juice, at least for a bit.

6. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well ...

There is a persistent dash rattle coming from the left. Can hear it at non-highway speeds. It's faint, but noticeable.

It has a sound something like static, but of course it's not the radio.

I'd be a little PO'd if it was in my new car. Wouldn't seem easy to eliminate.

edit - didn't hear that rattle this morning. So, it's intermittent.

7. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    52.13 MPG average calculated

from 146.7 miles driving, 2.814 gallons refill 87 pump octane

Computer MPG's - ~ 54.x MPG

This is the 4th rental car, all have been over 50 MPGs average!

Conditions -

Normal driving with flow of traffic, no special hypermiler techniques (I don't practice them).

2010 Prius III w/nav driven from ~10 miles on ODO to ~ 155 miles (brand new car)
    Mostly continuous driving, mix of suburban SF Bay Area city, freeway and smooth backroads, a few 2 mile trips. Mostly single occupant, some steep hills and grades.

37psi front tires / 35 psi rear
    Outside air temp range 43F - 56F

No A/C, little use of cabin heater
    half time in Power Mode / half in normal mode

8. chrisj428

chrisj428 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'll be curious to see which package Prius I receive from Hertz at DEN over Memorial Day weekend...