1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Some of my old posts gone? Why?

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Ct. Ken V, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Ct. Ken V

Ct. Ken V Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    all,

I was just searching through some of my old posts for something I was looking for again. I supposedly have made 182 of them (listed on 8 pages according to my statistics pages), but I can only view or link to 125 of them on the first 5 pages. Pages 6, 7, & 8 give me a "V" bulletin saying something like : no results found, please try another search method (or something like that). Where did those missing posts go? Did they get lost when this site format/server changed just recently, or did we have another hacker get in here & destroy some info/data? Just wondering if anybody knows any reason why they are gone (or of another way to recover or view the remaining 57 posts I want to see again). Any ideas or solutions?

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

Edit : Well, I had been trying to get to the missing ones for about 20 minutes & wasn't having any luck, but I just made this post & decided to go back & get the correct wording of the "V" message I got when my attempts failed & low and behold the missing posts are now there for me to view again. I would rather delete this post altogether now, but the "edit/delete" icon only seems to want me to be able to edit (unless I just use the backspace key to erase everything I typed---but I don't know if that will just leave an empty post to confuse people). So feel free to tell me how to delete my post or one of the moderators can just delete the post/thread for me. Sorry for apparently jumping the gun, but I hadn't had any luck for the 20 minutes or so, so I just thought I'd ask for somebody else's advice, but now all seems well again. Thanks for your patience. Ken

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Tony has to eat a certain number of posts every day to survive, just like a vampire sucking blood.

Tom

3. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ken,

FYI, I can access all posts listed on your 8 page list of posts, including your very first one:

4. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    They must have been moved to "The Most Boring Thread"...

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Ken,
    I would delete this thread for you but I'm afraid that some day in the future you might start a thread asking why you can see all but one of your posts. :D

And Tom was right. When I saw your post, I quickly regurgitated all your missing posts. I'll tell you what, they went down a lot easier than they came back up!

6. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  7. Ct. Ken V

Ct. Ken V Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You last 2 guys are too much!! I'm glad we can have fun like this here.

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    In a former incarnation, PriusChat would allow you to delete a post, Made for some odd threads, when someone went back and deleted all their posts from a long and quarrelsome thread.

Now, PC does not let you delete a post. You can edit it down to one character (you cannot post a zero-character thread). Some folks will leave a dot, or the word "deleted" as the only text in a post they want to delete. You can also choose to not show your sig, if you use one.

Note that if you now delete your message, people will wonder what I'm talking about.

9. Ct. Ken V

Ct. Ken V Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    all,

All kidding aside in the previous posts in this thread, here it is a little over a year later & I have a new post along the same idea as my original question at the start of this thread. Some of my posts seem to be missing again (Tony, have you been hungry again? Come on, let's cough them up, please). In my statistics page (tab from my profile page) it says I have made a total of 308 posts, but when I click on "Find all posts by Ct. Ken V" under the page count [13 pages (at the top right side of the screen)] it says only 301 for a total & yes, my very first one is still there, so there are 7 missing posts.

Wait a minute, I just thought about something. I wonder if the search to "find all POSTS" doesn't include the posts in THREADS that I started. Let me check & I'll be right back. Yup, it seems I have answered my own question. I started 3 threads & within those 3 threads are exactly 7 posts. I thought about just deleting this post when I found the answer, but decided to leave it here in case somebody else ever wonders why their totals don't match up too.

Sorry to have accused you, Tony. Please go back to eating whatever your normal food is.

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

10. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    When you report a post it counts as a post. Maybe that's why it is jiving. Did you possibly report 7 posts since signing up?

11. Ct. Ken V

Ct. Ken V Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Paradox,

I'm not sure what you mean, so your question doesn't make sense to me (unless you're wondering if I made 7 posts as a guest before registering, but the answer to that is NO, all posts were AFTER registering).

But if you look back at my 2nd paragraph, you'll see that I answered my own question when I looked at the 3 threads that I started & counted my posts within those 3 threads (exactly 7 posts---the same number of them that seemed to be missing from the total post count in my statistics page (or in my avatar block next to each post).

Edit : By the way, those counts are now 312 total & 305 posts found in the post search (unless I again count those 7 in the threads I started).

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)